PBA Semifinals 2018:
Alaska freezes Meralco, 100-95
PBA Semifinals 2018: Alaska Aces froze the Meralco Bolts, 100-95 to level their Semifinals series to 1-1 in the 2018 PBA Governors’ Cup this Tuesday at the Mall of Asia Arena. Import Mike Harris posted monstrous numbers for the Aces with his double-double of 37 markers and 19 boards, while Simon Enciso uncorked 23 buckets with 15 coming from three-point bombs.
➤ Ace guard Chris Banchero also registered 13 points, 11 caroms and 8 dimes while post-operators Vic Manuel and Noy Baclao contributed 7 and 6 points apiece.
➤ The Aces effectively halted the Meralco onslaught as the defeat was only the first loss of the Bolts for the month.
➤ Alaska had impeccable free-throw shooting, with 20 of 21 charities made (95%) compared to the Bolts 13 of 19 (68%). They also outrebounded Meralco, hauling 48 caroms compared to 35 total.
➤ Meanwhile, reinforcement Allen Durham powered the defeated Bolts with 24 baskets, 12 dishes and 9 boards while Nico Salva also added 20 points.
➤ Alaska and Meralco will resume hostilities for Game 3 of their Best-of-Five series showdown this Thursday, November 14 at the Cuneta Astrodome.
More PBA News
- PBA News: GlobalPort grounds Rain or Shine to rubber match July 11, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel smites Talk ‘N Text, 121-110 July 10, 2018
- PBA News: Brownlee heaves Ginebra over Meralco, 88-81 July 10, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel halts Blackwater, 115-106 July 5, 2018
- PBA News: Magnolia breaks NLEX, 116-89 July 5, 2018
- PBA News – San Miguel Beermen wallops NLEX Road Warriors, 125-114 June 24, 2018