PBA Semifinals News 2018: Magnolia Hotshots frustrated Barangay Ginebra, 106-98 to win Game 1 of their 2018 PBA Governors’ Cup Semifinals showdown at the Ynares Center this Saturday. Import Romeo Travis waxed hot for the Hotshots with his 37 buckets and 16 boards, while star guard Paul Lee registered 27 markers.
➤ Magnolia manageably stayed ahead of Ginebra for most of the 2nd half, until the Gin Kings got to within two points, 93-91 with 1:57 seconds remaining. However, Lee showed his clutch arsenal as he dropped a trey and an ‘and-one’ in succession to push the Hotshots ahead 106-96, with 56 seconds left in the ballgame.
➤ Overall, the Hotshots shot better from the three-point territory with 10 of 28 treys total (35%), against Ginebra’s 7 of 25 three-point shots (28%).
➤ Import Justin Brownlee backstopped the defeated Barangay with 37 points, 14 caroms, and 8 dimes while high flyer Japeth Aguilar mustered 18 points and 6 boards.
➤ Ginebra and Magnolia will resume hostilities on Monday, November 12 at Araneta Coliseum for Game 2 of their Semis matchup.
More PBA News
- PBA News: GlobalPort grounds Rain or Shine to rubber match July 11, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel smites Talk ‘N Text, 121-110 July 10, 2018
- PBA News: Brownlee heaves Ginebra over Meralco, 88-81 July 10, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel halts Blackwater, 115-106 July 5, 2018
- PBA News: Magnolia breaks NLEX, 116-89 July 5, 2018
- PBA News – San Miguel Beermen wallops NLEX Road Warriors, 125-114 June 24, 2018