Philippine Basketball 2018:
Gilas falls to Jordan quintet, 92-98
November 19, 2018 – Meralco Gym
Philippine Basketball News 2018: Gilas Pilipinas fell to Jordan national team, 92-98 in a tuneup game for the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament this Monday at the Meralco Gym. Veteran Zaid Abbas led the Jordanians with 24 buckets, while Mousa Al Awadi and Abu Hawwas Amin chipped-in 18 and 16 points each.
➤ Christian Standhardinger dropped 21 points for the Philippine Basketball Team, while hitman Marcio Lassiter made 14. Coming back from injury, Jayson Castro also added 13 points for the Filipinos. It was also the first game as a Gilas senior for Ricci Rivero, who chimed-in four buckets total.
➤ Coach Yeng Guiao fielded in 12 players out of the 20-man pool total as the majority of the Nationals are still playing in the PBA Governors’ Cup playoffs. Missing out from the pool were Paul Lee, Ian Sangalang, Scottie Thompson, Japeth Aguilar, Greg Slaughter, LA Tenorio, Stanley Pringle, and Kai Sotto.
➤ The 7-foot-1 Sotto did not suit for the game due to academic responsibilities.
➤ Gilas and Jordan will resume hostilities on Wednesday, November 21 for their second exhibition game.
More Pilipinas Basketball News
- Philippine Basketball: Chot Reyes yields post to Yeng Guiao September 12, 2018
- Philippine Basketball: FIBA greenlights Slaughter September 8, 2018
- Asian Games 2018: ROS Pilipinas flattens Syria, 109-55 September 1, 2018
- Asian Games 2018: ROS Pilipinas blasts Japan 8, 113-80 August 29, 2018
- Asian Games 2018: South Korea eliminates fiery ROS Pilipinas, 92-81 August 27, 2018
- Asian Games 2018: China narrowly escapes Gilas Pilipinas, 82-80 August 21, 2018
- Asian Games 2018: Gilas Pilipinas wallops Kazakhstan, 96-59 August 16, 2018
- Pilipinas Basketball: NBA changes mind, allows Clarkson stint to Asiad August 14, 2018
- Pilipinas Basketball: NBA stops Clarkson Asiad stint, accused of partiality August 12, 2018
- FIBA Asia U18: China hammers Batang Gilas, 76-57 August 11, 2018