Philippine Basketball 2018:
Gilas falls to Jordan quintet, 92-98
November 19, 2018 – Meralco Gym
Philippine Basketball News 2018: Gilas Pilipinas fell to Jordan national team, 92-98 in a tuneup game for the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament this Monday at the Meralco Gym. Veteran Zaid Abbas led the Jordanians with 24 buckets, while Mousa Al Awadi and Abu Hawwas Amin chipped-in 18 and 16 points each.
➤ Christian Standhardinger dropped 21 points for the Philippine Basketball Team, while hitman Marcio Lassiter made 14. Coming back from injury, Jayson Castro also added 13 points for the Filipinos. It was also the first game as a Gilas senior for Ricci Rivero, who chimed-in four buckets total.
➤ Coach Yeng Guiao fielded in 12 players out of the 20-man pool total as the majority of the Nationals are still playing in the PBA Governors’ Cup playoffs. Missing out from the pool were Paul Lee, Ian Sangalang, Scottie Thompson, Japeth Aguilar, Greg Slaughter, LA Tenorio, Stanley Pringle, and Kai Sotto.
➤ The 7-foot-1 Sotto did not suit for the game due to academic responsibilities.
➤ Gilas and Jordan will resume hostilities on Wednesday, November 21 for their second exhibition game.
More Pilipinas Basketball News
- FIBA Asia U18: Australia halts Batang Gilas, 77-43 August 11, 2018
- FIBA Asia U18: Batang Gilas blitzes past Bahrain, 67-52 August 10, 2018
- FIBA Asia U18: Batang Gilas bludgeons China, 73-63 August 8, 2018
- FIBA Asia U18: Batang Gilas destroys UAE, 92-49 August 6, 2018
- FIBA Asia Under-18: Batang Gilas cracks Lebanon, 75-53 August 6, 2018
- Pilipinas Basketball: SBP opts to rejoin Asiad 2018 amid public clamor August 5, 2018
- Pilipinas Basketball: Gilas Pilipinas to forego Asiad 2018 July 26, 2018
- Jones Cup 2018: Iran subdues Ateneo, 70-63 July 23, 2018
- Pilipinas Basketball: FIBA issues suspensions on Philippines and Australia July 19, 2018
- Jones Cup 2018: Ateneo shackles Japan, arrests skid July 18, 2018