Philippine Basketball 2018:
Gilas falls to Jordan quintet, 92-98
November 19, 2018 – Meralco Gym
Philippine Basketball News 2018: Gilas Pilipinas fell to Jordan national team, 92-98 in a tuneup game for the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament this Monday at the Meralco Gym. Veteran Zaid Abbas led the Jordanians with 24 buckets, while Mousa Al Awadi and Abu Hawwas Amin chipped-in 18 and 16 points each.
➤ Christian Standhardinger dropped 21 points for the Philippine Basketball Team, while hitman Marcio Lassiter made 14. Coming back from injury, Jayson Castro also added 13 points for the Filipinos. It was also the first game as a Gilas senior for Ricci Rivero, who chimed-in four buckets total.
➤ Coach Yeng Guiao fielded in 12 players out of the 20-man pool total as the majority of the Nationals are still playing in the PBA Governors’ Cup playoffs. Missing out from the pool were Paul Lee, Ian Sangalang, Scottie Thompson, Japeth Aguilar, Greg Slaughter, LA Tenorio, Stanley Pringle, and Kai Sotto.
➤ The 7-foot-1 Sotto did not suit for the game due to academic responsibilities.
➤ Gilas and Jordan will resume hostilities on Wednesday, November 21 for their second exhibition game.
More Pilipinas Basketball News
- Jones Cup 2018: Canada escapes resurgent Ateneo, 86-78 July 18, 2018
- Jones Cup 2018: South Korea slashes Ateneo, 90-73 July 17, 2018
- Jones Cup 2018: Ateneo routs Chinese Taipei White, 87-64 July 15, 2018
- FIBA World Cup Under-17: Batang Gilas masters New Zealand, 73-51 July 10, 2018
- Asian Qualifiers 2018: Rumble at the Arena – Australia romps over Gilas, 89-53 July 2, 2018
- Asian Qualifiers 2018: Gilas Pilipinas batters Chinese Taipei, 91-73 June 29, 2018
- Australia Boomers stops Gilas Pilipinas, 84-68 February 23, 2018
- Gilas Pilipinas faces Australia Boomers sans Castro February 21, 2018
- Castro propels Gilas Pilipinas over Japan NT, 77-71 November 24, 2017
- Croatia evades mighty Pilipinas scare, 81-78 OT August 31, 2014