Alaska strikes down San Miguel, enters Semis
November 7, 2018 – Cuneta Astrodome
PBA News 2018: Alaska Aces struck down the San Miguel Beermen, 96-85 to enter the Semifinal round of the 2018 PBA Governors’ Cup this Wednesday at the Cuneta Astrodome. Reinforcement Mike Harris starred for the Aces with a monstrous 25 buckets and 17 boards output, while Simon Enciso added 15 markers.
➤ Alaska exacted revenge on the Beermen who eliminated them during the last conference, the 2018 PBA Commissioner’s Cup playoffs.
➤ The Aces showed better offensive arsenal against SMB, converting 40 of 88 shots for a 45% field goal percentage, to San Miguel’s 32 of 86 (37%). Alaska also hauled more rebounds, securing 57 caroms to the Beermen’s 52 total.
➤ Import Kevin Murphy backstopped the eliminated Beermen with 19 markers, 8 caroms, and 5 dimes.
➤ Meanwhile. a minor scuffle happened between Chris Ross and Vic Manuel, with both earning technical fouls for the infraction.
➤ The Aces will next face the winner of the quarterfinals knockout match between Phoenix and Meralco this Friday, November 9.
More PBA News
- PBA News: GlobalPort grounds Rain or Shine to rubber match July 11, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel smites Talk ‘N Text, 121-110 July 10, 2018
- PBA News: Brownlee heaves Ginebra over Meralco, 88-81 July 10, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel halts Blackwater, 115-106 July 5, 2018
- PBA News: Magnolia breaks NLEX, 116-89 July 5, 2018
- PBA News – San Miguel Beermen wallops NLEX Road Warriors, 125-114 June 24, 2018