GlobalPort grounds Rain or Shine to rubber match
July 10, 2018 – Araneta Coliseum
PBA News 2018: GlobalPort Batang Pier shocked Rain or Shine Elasto Painters, 114-113, and force a winner-takes-all in their best-of-three series in 2018 PBA Commissioner’s Cup Quarterfinals this Tuesday at the Araneta Coliseum. Import Malcolm White paved the way for Batang Pier with his 28 points and 16 rebounds, while Jonathan Grey dropped the clutch three in the dying seconds of the game to finish with 22 points.
➤ GlobalPort and Rain or Shine are now tied 1-1 in their best-of-three quarterfinals showdown.
➤ White was saddled with foul troubles and sat the game with 1:57 remaining in the 3rd before returning in the last 6:12 of the 4th quarter.
➤ The Painters led by as much 16 points in the 3rd canto but failed to sustain their charge and eventually lost steam in the final minutes of the game.
➤ Stanley Pringle also contributed 21 markers, 9 caroms and 9 assists.
➤ Reggie Johnson stood out for the Painters with his 24 buckets, 15 boards, and 7 dishes, while beanpole Raymund Almazan shared 17 points and 11 rebounds.
More PBA News
- PBA Finals 2018: Ginebra scores first blood, smites SMB, 127-99 July 28, 2018
- PBA News: Ginebra advances, stomps Rain or Shine, 96-94 July 24, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel enters finals, eliminates Alaska, 104-99 July 23, 2018
- PBA News: Brownlee’s 44 lifts Ginebra over ROS, 75-72 July 22, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel rips Alaska in Game 2, 105-94 July 17, 2018
- PBA News: Ginebra takes Semis Game 1, torches Rain or Shine, 102-89 July 15, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel cracks Alaska, 92-79, bags Game 1 July 15, 2018
- PBA News: Fiery James Yap leads Rain or Shine to SemiFinals July 13, 2018
- PBA News: Ginebra blasts Meralco, advances to Semis July 12, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel stops TNT, barges into Semis July 12, 2018