Ginebra bags No. 1, demolishes Talk 'N Text, 112-93
November 4, 2018 – Araneta Coliseum
PBA News 2018: Barangay Ginebra bagged the No. 1 ranking, as it demolished the Talk ‘N Text KaTropa, 112-93 to begin their quarterfinals campaign in the 2018 PBA Governors’ Cup this Sunday at the Araneta Coliseum. Import Justin Brownlee blasted TNT with his triple-double of 31 buckets, 16 boards, and 11 assists, while big man Greg Slaughter finished with 25 points and 4 caroms.
➤ Flashy guard Scottie Thompson also submitted 11 points and 8 rebounds for the Gin Kings.
➤ Barangay moved the ball better overall with 34 assists compared to TNT’s 24 total dimes and shot better with 38 of 66 shots made in field goals (57%) opposed to KaTropa’s 36 of 97 (37%).
➤ Ginebra is now the leader of the Governors’ Cup pack as they registered a 9-2 win-loss slate and are assured of a twice-to-beat advantage once the playoffs commence. The Gin Kings will battle 8th placer NLEX in the quarters.
➤ Import Marqus Blakely paced the defeated TNT with 23 points and 15 rebounds, while RR Pogoy chipped-in 22 points. Ace guard Jayson Castro also added 12 points and 12 dimes.
➤ TNT missed the services of star player Terrence Romeo who was out due to sickness. The KaTropa are now effectively out of contention in the Governors’ Cup after losing their third straight and dropping to a 4-7 win-loss slate.
More PBA News
- PBA News: Ginebra advances, stomps Rain or Shine, 96-94 July 24, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel enters finals, eliminates Alaska, 104-99 July 23, 2018
- PBA News: Brownlee’s 44 lifts Ginebra over ROS, 75-72 July 22, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel rips Alaska in Game 2, 105-94 July 17, 2018
- PBA News: Ginebra takes Semis Game 1, torches Rain or Shine, 102-89 July 15, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel cracks Alaska, 92-79, bags Game 1 July 15, 2018
- PBA News: Fiery James Yap leads Rain or Shine to SemiFinals July 13, 2018
- PBA News: Ginebra blasts Meralco, advances to Semis July 12, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel stops TNT, barges into Semis July 12, 2018
- PBA News: Manuel tows Alaska past Magnolia, 89-78 July 11, 2018