Ginebra bags No. 1, demolishes Talk 'N Text, 112-93
November 4, 2018 – Araneta Coliseum
PBA News 2018: Barangay Ginebra bagged the No. 1 ranking, as it demolished the Talk ‘N Text KaTropa, 112-93 to begin their quarterfinals campaign in the 2018 PBA Governors’ Cup this Sunday at the Araneta Coliseum. Import Justin Brownlee blasted TNT with his triple-double of 31 buckets, 16 boards, and 11 assists, while big man Greg Slaughter finished with 25 points and 4 caroms.
➤ Flashy guard Scottie Thompson also submitted 11 points and 8 rebounds for the Gin Kings.
➤ Barangay moved the ball better overall with 34 assists compared to TNT’s 24 total dimes and shot better with 38 of 66 shots made in field goals (57%) opposed to KaTropa’s 36 of 97 (37%).
➤ Ginebra is now the leader of the Governors’ Cup pack as they registered a 9-2 win-loss slate and are assured of a twice-to-beat advantage once the playoffs commence. The Gin Kings will battle 8th placer NLEX in the quarters.
➤ Import Marqus Blakely paced the defeated TNT with 23 points and 15 rebounds, while RR Pogoy chipped-in 22 points. Ace guard Jayson Castro also added 12 points and 12 dimes.
➤ TNT missed the services of star player Terrence Romeo who was out due to sickness. The KaTropa are now effectively out of contention in the Governors’ Cup after losing their third straight and dropping to a 4-7 win-loss slate.
More PBA News
- PBA News: GlobalPort grounds Rain or Shine to rubber match July 11, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel smites Talk ‘N Text, 121-110 July 10, 2018
- PBA News: Brownlee heaves Ginebra over Meralco, 88-81 July 10, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel halts Blackwater, 115-106 July 5, 2018
- PBA News: Magnolia breaks NLEX, 116-89 July 5, 2018
- PBA News – San Miguel Beermen wallops NLEX Road Warriors, 125-114 June 24, 2018