PBA Semifinals 2018:
Ginebra stays alive, decks Magnolia, 107-103
November 14, 2018 – Araneta Coliseum
PBA Semifinals News 2018: Barangay Ginebra stayed alive, after defeating the Magnolia Hotshots, 107-103 in Game 3 of their 2018 PBA Governors’ Cup Semifinals tiff this Wednesday at the Araneta Coliseum. Star import Justin Brownlee wowed with career-high 46 points and 19 boards for Ginebra.
➤ LA Tenorio finished with 14 points and 5 rebounds. He also shot the clutch floater off Paul Lee’s turnover, with 14 seconds left to lift the Gin Kings, 105-103.
➤ Scottie Thompson also added 15 buckets and 7 caroms, while Japeth Aguilar finished with 11 markers and 7 rebounds.
➤ Ginebra bucked an 18 point Magnolia half-time lead and survived another day in their Semifinals series. Magnolia led the Gin Kings in most of the game stats, but Ginebra outpaced the Hotshots in charities, hitting 32 of 45 foul throws at 71 percent, compared to Magnolia’s 11 of 18 free-throw shots made at 61%. 11/18 (61%).
➤ Mark Barroca led the Hotshots with 19 points and 5 rebounds, while Lee made 17 points. Import Romeo Travis was the missing link for Magnolia, who managed to register only 12 points and 12 boards total.
➤ Magnolia is still leading the series at 2-1, and Barangay is in a must-win situation in their upcoming face-off this Friday, November 16 for Game 4 of their Semifinals showdown at the Ynares Center.
More PBA News
- PBA News: GlobalPort grounds Rain or Shine to rubber match July 11, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel smites Talk ‘N Text, 121-110 July 10, 2018
- PBA News: Brownlee heaves Ginebra over Meralco, 88-81 July 10, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel halts Blackwater, 115-106 July 5, 2018
- PBA News: Magnolia breaks NLEX, 116-89 July 5, 2018
- PBA News – San Miguel Beermen wallops NLEX Road Warriors, 125-114 June 24, 2018