PBA News 2018: Chris Tiu powered the Rain or Shine Elastopainters over the NLEX Road Warriors, 107-101 in the 2018 PBA Governors’ Cup at the Araneta Coliseum this Saturday. Tiu lifted ROS with his 30 buckets, 5 dimes, and 4 caroms as the Elastopainters missed the presence of import Terrence Watson due to emergency leave.
➤ The 33-year-old Tiu, who was picked seventh in the 2012 draft by ROS, established a new career-high in dropping 30 points. His contract with the Elastopainters is also set to expire this season.
➤ ROS led big by as much 20 points, 101-81 in the fourth quarter.
➤ Big man Norbert Torres also backstopped ROS with 12 points and 13 boards, Jewel Ponferada added 13 points.
➤ Import Aaron Fuller paced the losing Road Warriors with 29 points, 12 rebounds, and 7 dishes.
➤ Rain or Shine finished their Governors’ Cup campaign and wounded-up with 3-10 win-loss slate. NLEX, meanwhile, reached the PBA quarterfinals despite the loss as they dropped to 7th place on a 5-6 record.
More PBA News
- PBA News: GlobalPort grounds Rain or Shine to rubber match July 11, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel smites Talk ‘N Text, 121-110 July 10, 2018
- PBA News: Brownlee heaves Ginebra over Meralco, 88-81 July 10, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel halts Blackwater, 115-106 July 5, 2018
- PBA News: Magnolia breaks NLEX, 116-89 July 5, 2018
- PBA News – San Miguel Beermen wallops NLEX Road Warriors, 125-114 June 24, 2018