PBA Semifinals 2018:
Magnolia boots out Ginebra, 112-108
PBA Semifinals News 2018: Magnolia Hotshots booted out Barangay Ginebra, 112-108 to book a Finals ticket in the 2018 PBA Governors’ Cup this Friday at the Ynares Center. Import Romeo Travis bucked a hamstring injury to lead the Hotshots with 50 points and 13 boards, while Ian Sangalang made 14 points and 6 rebounds.
➤ With 10 ticks remaining in regulation, both Scottie Thompson and Joe Devance miffed their clutch trey attempts and failed to salvage Ginebra in crunch time. The Gin Kings were effectively eliminated from campaigning for a third straight title this season.
➤ Justin Brownlee backstopped the losing Gin Kings with 32 points, 9 caroms and 7 dimes, while Japeth Aguilar chipped-in 25 buckets and 14 rebounds.
➤ Magnolia will get a long rest as they await the other finalist between the Meralco Bolts and the Alaska Aces, who will battle in Game 4 of their semifinals series on Saturday, November 17, at the Cuneta Astrodome.
More PBA News
- PBA News: GlobalPort grounds Rain or Shine to rubber match July 11, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel smites Talk ‘N Text, 121-110 July 10, 2018
- PBA News: Brownlee heaves Ginebra over Meralco, 88-81 July 10, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel halts Blackwater, 115-106 July 5, 2018
- PBA News: Magnolia breaks NLEX, 116-89 July 5, 2018
- PBA News – San Miguel Beermen wallops NLEX Road Warriors, 125-114 June 24, 2018