NBA changes mind, allows Clarkson stint to Asiad
August 14, 2018 – Manila
Pilipinas Basketball News 2018: The National Basketball Association finally heeded the massive call for reconsideration of its earlier decision to bar Filipino American Jordan Clarkson from playing for the Philippine basketball team. In a surprise twist, Clarkson is now officially part of the 12-man Gilas Pilipinas line-up, and will fly as early as Thursday for the battle against Kazakhstan.
➤ Clarkson will also be tasked as the flag-bearer for the Philippines delegation during the opening of the Asian Games this coming Saturday.
➤ Don Trollano, who’s been in and out of the Filipino line-up will again be replaced by Clarkson this after the surprise announcement by the American professional basketball league.
➤ The Philippines Asian Games chef de mission Richard Gomez and Coach Yeng Guiao both confirmed the developments to Rappler and Inquirer.
➤ Gomez also intimated to Rappler that they made multiple appeals to the NBA to change their decision on Clarkson.
➤ Gilas Pilipinas will now play with a core of Rain or Shine players and select PBA cagers along with Cleveland Cavalier’s Clarkson.
More Pilipinas Basketball News
- Gilas Pilipinas chooses Stanhardinger over injured Slaughter September 12, 2018
- Philippine Basketball: Chot Reyes yields post to Yeng Guiao September 12, 2018
- Philippine Basketball: FIBA greenlights Slaughter September 8, 2018
- Asian Games 2018: ROS Pilipinas flattens Syria, 109-55 September 1, 2018
- Asian Games 2018: ROS Pilipinas blasts Japan 8, 113-80 August 29, 2018
- Asian Games 2018: South Korea eliminates fiery ROS Pilipinas, 92-81 August 27, 2018
- Asian Games 2018: China narrowly escapes Gilas Pilipinas, 82-80 August 21, 2018
- Asian Games 2018: Gilas Pilipinas wallops Kazakhstan, 96-59 August 16, 2018
- Pilipinas Basketball: NBA changes mind, allows Clarkson stint to Asiad August 14, 2018
- Pilipinas Basketball: NBA stops Clarkson Asiad stint, accused of partiality August 12, 2018