Alaska trades Abueva to Phoenix for Dehesa
August 7, 2018 – Manila
By Rock Punzalan
PBA News 2018: The Alaska Aces has decided to sever ties with “The Beast” Calvin Abueva after six years and one championship title in the PBA. Abueva was traded to the Phoenix Petroleum Masters in exchange for fiery guard Karl Dehesa and a 2019 PBA first round draft pick.
➤ Abueva won one BPC – Best Player of the Conference award with the Aces and two First Mythical Team. He also bagged six All-Star Team stints with the Milkmen.
➤ Abueva was indefinitely suspended by Alaska due to frequent absence in practices and in one game. He was also not fielded during the Semifinal battle of the Aces against San Miguel where Calvin’s presence could have been a deciding factor.
➤ Calvin missed half of the elimination round and the entire playoffs run of the Aces in the Commissioner’s Cup.
➤The Milkmen drafted Abueva 2nd in the PBA Draft back in 2012 where Junemar Fajardo was the first draftee.
➤ Alaska coach Alex Compton stated, “We would like to thank Calvin for his six years of service with Alaska and the good memories”.
Posted August 7, 2018 - Manila
Written by Rock Punzalan for Philippine Basketball News Team
More PBA News
- PBA Semifinals 2018: Ginebra stays alive, decks Magnolia, 107-103
- PBA Semifinals 2018: Alaska freezes Meralco, 100-95
- PBA Semifinals 2018: Magnolia halts Ginebra, 101-97
- PBA Semifinals 2018: Magnolia frustrates Ginebra, 106-98
- PBA 2018: Alaska strikes down San Miguel, enters Semis
- PBA 2018: Meralco forces deathmatch, blasts Phoenix, 90-74
- PBA 2018: Magnolia enters Semis, KOs Blackwater, 103-99
- PBA 2018: Ginebra train unstoppable, flattens NLEX, 111-75
- PBA 2018: Ginebra bags No. 1, demolishes Talk ‘N Text, 112-93
- PBA 2018: Phoenix gains twice-to-beat, defeats Blackwater, 97-91