NCAA Finals 2017:
San Beda derails Lyceum, 92-82, bags championship
November 16, 2017 – Araneta Coliseum
By Rock Punzalan
NCAA Finals 2017: San Beda Red Lions decked Lyceum Pirates, 92-82, to capture the championship trophy in the NCAA Season 93 Men’s Basketball this Thursday at the Araneta Coliseum. Robert Bolick spearheaded for San Beda with his 18 points, 6 dishes and 5 rebounds. Bolick’s dagger trey in the final 50 seconds, part of his seven points in crunch time, secured the Finals romp for the Red Lions over the LPU Pirates.
NCAA MVP CJ Perez made a respectable 20 points, 5 assists, 4 rebounds and 3 steals contribution for the losing Lyceum. He was scoreless in the fourth quarter, and also fouled out of the game before the end of regulation.
Finals MVP Donald Tankoua dropped a double double 17 buckets and 17 boards for San Beda, while Davon Potts made 16 markers and 5 caroms.
San Beda won its 10th title in 12 years, and notched a record 21 total championships in NCAA Men’s basketball history.
The Red Lions spoiled the perfect eliminations season of Lyceum who had an 18-0 win-loss slate.
Quarters: 17-22, 41-47, 65-66, 92-82.
November 16, 2017 - Araneta Coliseum, Quezon City
Written by Rock Punzalan
More NCAA News
- NCAA 2018: Lyceum Pirates holds off JRU Bombers, 82-74 September 7, 2018
- NCAA 2018: Perez lifts LPU over Stags, 88-70 September 5, 2018
- NCAA 2018: LPU Pirates slashes CSB Blazers, 77-65 August 7, 2018
- NCAA News: San Beda pummels EAC, 61-46 August 1, 2018
- NCAA News: Letran Knights slashes JRU Bombers, 74-58 July 31, 2018
- NCAA News: Perpetual squeaks past EAC, 76-74 July 26, 2018
- NCAA News: Perpetual subdues Letran, 78-75 July 14, 2018