UAAP Final Four 2018:
UP pulls off Adamson shocker, enters Finals
November 28, 2018 – Araneta Coliseum
UAAP Final Four News 2018: UP Fighting Maroons upset the Adamson Soaring Falcons, 89-87 in overtime to enter the Finals of the 2018 UAAP Season 81 men’s basketball this Wednesday at the Araneta Coliseum. Paul Desiderio once again pulled-off a superb clutch performance after hitting the game-winning jumper with 6.6 ticks remaining. He also finished the game with 16 buckets and 11 boards.
➤ The University of the Philippines gatecrashed the UAAP Finals after missing the party for 32 long years. They also beat a shoo-in Adamson squad, expected to be the strongest challenge to Ateneo for the championship plum. The stunning victory proved the mettle of the Maroons, who were coming off the biggest of upsets by eliminating the DLSU Green Archers.
➤ Juan Gomez de Llano led UP with his career-high 30 markers and 6 caroms, while import Bright Akhuetie made 13 points.
➤ The Maroons were trailing Adamson, 84-78 in overtime, but UP kept on knocking at the door as an Akhuetie conversion tied the game at 84. The rest is history as mythical Desiderio delivered in crunchtime five clutch points to seal the momentous win for UP.
➤ Jerrick Ahanmisi backstopped the losing Falcons with 20 points and 3 rebounds, while Jerom Lastimosa chimed in 17 buckets and 7 boards. Meanwhile, Sean Manganti was a disappointment this time around as he only registered 6 points the whole game.
➤ The Fighting Maroons will next battle the Ateneo Blue Eagles for Game 1 of the UAAP best-of-three Finals at the Mall of Asia Arena this Saturday, December 1.
More UAAP News
- PBA Finals 2018: Magnolia repeats over Alaska, leads 2-0 December 8, 2018
- UAAP Finals 2018: Ateneo overpowers UP Maroons, bags Season 81 plum December 5, 2018
- UAAP Finals 2018: Ateneo halts gritty UP Maroons, takes Game 1 December 2, 2018
- UAAP Final Four 2018: Unstoppable Ateneo smashes FEU, enters Finals November 25, 2018
- UAAP Final Four 2018: UP Maroons stuns Adamson, 73-71 November 24, 2018
- UAAP 2018: FEU trounces La Salle, 71-70 November 21, 2018
- UAAP 2018: UP smashes NU, 82-71 November 4, 2018
- UAAP 2018: La Salle ravages UST, 110-69 November 3, 2018
- UAAP 2018: La Salle demolishes Ayo’s UST, 99-72 October 4, 2018
- UAAP 2018: UE barges to win column, rips FEU, 90-65 October 1, 2018