Asian Games News 2018: ROS Pilipinas flattened Syria, 109-55 and copped 5th place in the 2018 Asian Games basketball this Friday at the GBK Hall in Jakarta. Cleveland Cavaliers’ Jordan Clarkson stamped his class by chalking-up 29 points, 6 dimes and 4 boards, while Fil-German Christian Standhardinger chimed-in 27 buckets.
➤ The Philippines led by as much as 26 points at the half, 60-34.
➤ James Yap suited-up once more and ended-up with 9 markers. Yap did not play in the battle against Japan and South Korea due to an apparent ankle injury.
➤ Clarkson is set to go back to the NBA to begin training for the upcoming season with the post-Lebron era Cavaliers.
➤ ROS Pilipinas failed to get to the medal rounds after the heart-breaking loss to nemesis South Korea in the Asiad quarterfinals.
➤ The fifth place finish of the Philippine basketball team is an upgrade from 2014 (Incheon) when they placed 7th. RP Five fared better at 4th place in 2002 (Busan) and last bagged a bronze medal courtesy of the PBA Centennial team in 1998 (Bangkok).
More PBA News
- PBA Finals 2018: Alaska overcomes Magnolia, snatches Game 3 December 10, 2018
- PBA Finals 2018: Magnolia repeats over Alaska, leads 2-0 December 8, 2018
- PBA Finals 2018: Magnolia scorches Alaska, takes Game 1 December 6, 2018
- PBA Semifinals 2018: Alaska KOs Meralco, enters Finals anew November 17, 2018
- PBA Semifinals 2018: Magnolia boots out Ginebra, 112-108 November 16, 2018
- PBA Semifinals 2018: Alaska stops Meralco, 104-102 November 16, 2018
- PBA Semifinals 2018: Ginebra stays alive, decks Magnolia, 107-103 November 14, 2018
- PBA Semifinals 2018: Alaska freezes Meralco, 100-95 November 13, 2018
- PBA Semifinals 2018: Magnolia halts Ginebra, 101-97 November 13, 2018
- PBA Semifinals 2018: Magnolia frustrates Ginebra, 106-98 November 10, 2018