Asian Games News 2018: ROS Pilipinas flattened Syria, 109-55 and copped 5th place in the 2018 Asian Games basketball this Friday at the GBK Hall in Jakarta. Cleveland Cavaliers’ Jordan Clarkson stamped his class by chalking-up 29 points, 6 dimes and 4 boards, while Fil-German Christian Standhardinger chimed-in 27 buckets.
➤ The Philippines led by as much as 26 points at the half, 60-34.
➤ James Yap suited-up once more and ended-up with 9 markers. Yap did not play in the battle against Japan and South Korea due to an apparent ankle injury.
➤ Clarkson is set to go back to the NBA to begin training for the upcoming season with the post-Lebron era Cavaliers.
➤ ROS Pilipinas failed to get to the medal rounds after the heart-breaking loss to nemesis South Korea in the Asiad quarterfinals.
➤ The fifth place finish of the Philippine basketball team is an upgrade from 2014 (Incheon) when they placed 7th. RP Five fared better at 4th place in 2002 (Busan) and last bagged a bronze medal courtesy of the PBA Centennial team in 1998 (Bangkok).
More PBA News
- PBA News: Ginebra advances, stomps Rain or Shine, 96-94 July 24, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel enters finals, eliminates Alaska, 104-99 July 23, 2018
- PBA News: Brownlee’s 44 lifts Ginebra over ROS, 75-72 July 22, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel rips Alaska in Game 2, 105-94 July 17, 2018
- PBA News: Ginebra takes Semis Game 1, torches Rain or Shine, 102-89 July 15, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel cracks Alaska, 92-79, bags Game 1 July 15, 2018
- PBA News: Fiery James Yap leads Rain or Shine to SemiFinals July 13, 2018
- PBA News: Ginebra blasts Meralco, advances to Semis July 12, 2018
- PBA News: San Miguel stops TNT, barges into Semis July 12, 2018
- PBA News: Manuel tows Alaska past Magnolia, 89-78 July 11, 2018